15 Most Intresting Facts that You should Probably don't know About India
The all time great American writer and novelist Mark Twain said-
"India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only." These is just not words its really true about India.
Now we gonna tell you about 15 most amazing facts probably you should never know about it.Lets Begins-
- The Man Who Changed GOOGLE - SUNDAR PICHAI
- 15 सबसे दिलचस्प तथ्य जो आपको शायद भारत के बारे में नहीं पता होना चाहिए
1. Varanasi - One of The Oldest Inhabited Places of the World
Situated on the banks of river Ganges and represented in the Parliament by the country's PM Narendra Modi, the holy city of Benares is at least 3000 years old. According to Hindu Mythology, Lord Shiva found this city 5000 years ago.
2. A floating post office
India has the largest postal network in the world with over 1, 55,015 post offices. A single post office on an average serves a population of 7,175 people. The floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar, was inaugurated in August 2011.
3. Snakes and Ladders originated in India
Earlier known as Moksha Patamu, the game was initially invented as a moral lesson about karma to be taught to children. It was later commercialized and has become one of the most popular board games in the world.
4. Kumbh Mela gathering visible from space
The 2011 Kumbh Mela was the largest gathering of people with over 75 million pilgrims. The gathering was so huge that the crowd was visible from space.
5. Bandra Worli Sealink has steel wires equal to the earth's circumference
It took a total of 2,57,00,000 man hours for completion and also weighs as much as 50,000 African elephants. A true engineering and architectural marvel.
6. The highest cricket ground in the world
At an altitude of 2,444 meters, the Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, is the highest in the world. It was built in 1893 and is a part of the Chail Military School.
7. First Rocket of India Transported by a Cycle
In 1963, ISRO launched its first-ever rocket from a church in Thumba, on the outskirts of modern-day Trivandrum. The said rocket was transported on a bicycle. The launching pad later came to be known as Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC).
8. The Indian national Kabaddi team has won all World Cups
India has won all 5 men's Kabaddi World Cups held till now and have been undefeated throughout these tournaments. The Indian women's team has also won all Kabaddi World Cups held till date.
9. Water on the moon was discovered by India
In September 2009, India's ISRO Chandrayaan- 1 using its Moon Mineralogy Mapper detected water on the moon for the first time.
10. Science day in Switzerland is dedicated to Ex-Indian President, APJ Abdul Kalam
The father of India's missile programme had visited Switzerland back in 2006. Upon his arrival, Switzerland declared May 26th as Science Day.
11. India is the world's second-largest English speaking country
India is second only to the USA when it comes to speaking English with around 125 million people speaking the language, which is only 10% of our population. This is expected to grow by quite a margin in the coming years.
12. Dhyan Chand was offered German citizenship
After defeating Germany 8-1 in the 1936 Berlin Olympics, Major Dhyan Chand, the wizard of hockey, was summoned by Hitler. He was promised German citizenship, a high post in the German military and the chance to play for the German national side. Dhyan Chand however declined the offer.
13. Rabindranath Tagore also wrote the national anthem for Bangladesh
Rabindranath Tagore is credited not only for writing the Indian national anthem, Jana Gana Mana, but the Bangladeshi national anthem, Amar Sonar Bangla, as well. He was also offered knighthood by the British but refused the honour after the Jalianwala Bagh massacre.
14. Most Visited Place in the World
Awarded by the World Book of Records, the Golden Temple of Amritsar is the most visited place in the world with over one lakh devotees flocking at the shrine every single day.
15. The first country to consume sugar
India was the first country to develop extraction and purifying techniques of sugar. Many visitors from abroad learnt the refining and cultivation of sugar from us.
Massage (संदेश) : आशा है की "15 Most Intresting Facts that You should Probably dont know About India" आपको पसंद आयी होगी। कृपया अपने बहुमूल्य सुझाव देकर हमें यह बताने का कष्ट करें कि Motivational Thoughts को और भी ज्यादा बेहतर कैसे बनाया जा सकता है? आपके सुझाव इस वेबसाईट को और भी अधिक उद्देश्यपूर्ण और सफल बनाने में सहायक होंगे। आप अपने सुझाव निचे कमेंट या हमें मेल कर सकते है!
Mail us : firstname.lastname@example.org
दोस्तों अगर आपको हमारा post पसंद आया हो तो अपने दोस्तों के साथ share करे और उनकी सहायता करे. आप हमसे Facebook Page से भी जुड़ सकते है Daily updates के लिए.
इसे भी पढ़े :
- Pen Drive क्या है और कैसे काम करता है? What is Pen Drive and How its Works
- Input Device क्या है और इसके प्रकार | What is Input Device and its Types
- यूँ ही नहीं होती हैं ज़िन्दगी में तब्दीलियाँ, रोशन होने के लिए मोम को भी पिघलना पड़ता हैं !!
- Output Device क्या है और इसके प्रकार | What is Output Device and its TypesOutput Device क्या है और इसके प्रकार | What is Output Device and its Types
- Linux क्या है, इसका इतिहास और फायदे | What is Linux and What its History and Benefits